Opportunities to join
Are you curious about how the neural networks in the brain do their job? Do you have strong theoretical skills and want to solve challenging neuroscience questions? Are you interested in conducting in vitro/in vivo experiments and develop models for the recorded data? Then please consider applying to our group. For a collaborative project, we are currently looking for a PhD student to conduct in vivo work.
We are inviting applications from motivated Bachelor, Master and PhD students to join us in the quest to understand the inner workings of neural networks. Female students are particularly encouraged to apply.
Prospective students can apply by sending an email to which includes
- a letter of motivation,
- and a copy of the current academic transcripts.
Advice to applicants
When writing the letter of motivation please make sure it is in English and includes answers to the following questions:
- What are your abilities in regard to mathematical pen-and-paper calculations and numerical simulations?
- What are your abilities/experience with respect to in vitro/in vivo physiology?
- Why would you like to work in neuroscience? What sort of project you think would be ideal for you?
- How comfortable do you feel writing in English, do you enjoy this process?
Please doublecheck that your application email includes all three required documents : CV, letter of motivation and a copy of the academic transcripts.